About Mike McRitchie
Who is Mike McRitchie?
I’ve been in your shoes.
I started my entrepreneurship and sales career early with two paper routes, mowing lawns and raking leaves.
I started at the bottom in an Italian restaurant washing dishes and mopping floors (badly where I almost got fired) and then moved up to cooking the meals and running the operations of the restaurant at 19 (making $4.00 per hour when minimum wage was just over $3.35 – they were making a killing on me).
I then came out of college from the University of California at Davis with a Bachelors degree in Economics and a minor in Statistics. Like many people today coming out of college there were very few jobs. So what did I do? I worked temp jobs at AT&T, sold residential real estate, and later got a job doing financial forecasting models at a small health care consulting firm.
As many 20-somethings do trying to figure out their career path, I moved from healthcare to property management and then into cell site development work (leasing and permitting cell sites, project management, program and business operations).
Along the way each job prepared me for the next (note to you who are beginning your career, don’t overlook anything – you never know where you’ll use it next).
During that time I learned everything from preparing financial forecasts and budgets and setting up general and limited partnerships. I took night courses at Cal State Hayward (now Cal State East Bay) – enough to get an accounting degree – to be fully prepared for the accounting nuances of the equipment leasing partnerships we were creating. I got my Series 7 stock broker’s license to sell the partnerships. I saw how sales were made and businesses were built.
I traveled from the East Bay Area of California to Cleveland, Ohio to Seattle, Washington, and back to the East Bay Area – following the job opportunities in the wireless industry.
Many of the approaches and strategies I discuss with you come from decades of business building and problem solving experiences including:
- Growing a service company from $2 million to $16 million in sales in eight years
- Creating a collaborative team-driven culture to win “Fastest Growing Companies” and “Best Companies to Work For” awards
- Building a web marketing presence from scratch (websites, blogging, social media, PPC advertising, article marketing, etc.)
- Implementing multi-million-dollar joint ventures
- Developing expertise in joint ventures, marketing (online and offline), finance, accounting, statistical analysis, real estate, project management, and operations
- Driving mastermind groups discussions – helping business leaders solve their most pressing problems
- Turning around failing projects and dysfunctional teams
- Working with CEO’s of multi-billion dollar corporations as well as small business entrepreneurs on their most critical projects
- Working with coworkers and industry job seekers to help them with their resumes to find their next opportunity for personal and professional growth
For a full details of my work history you can check me out on LinkedIn.
Need Help With Your Career?
Mike Interviewed About Resumes on “How To Sell Show”
Need Help to Improve Your Small Business Results?
What is it like to work with me?
Check out this video interview.
“Hi Mike! Thanks for helping me find new ideas to grow and market my speaking business!
I now have a list of 17 (I counted) specific strategies and tips I can implement right away that will move me in a profitable direction.
The business and marketing mindset you shared really hit home and I can’t wait to get to it! Thanks again Mike!”